Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reformatting your Wii - READ THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    That means I'll get a new Wii Code and will have to add everybody again, and y'all will have to update me too. Sounds like fun doesn't it?

My only concern woould be the 500 points I had, and the one VC game I bought. Wonder if I'll get them back when I go online again.
    When you get back online I'll send you your Mii.

If you tell Nintendo your situation they may transfere your old account (or just the points) to your new Wii.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States, 105540216147364, Phoenix, Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    My only concern woould be the 500 points I had, and the one VC game I bought. Wonder if I'll get them back when I go online again.
    Very strange but when I did this, my Wii points were there - untouched.
    Shane R. Monroe; Father, Husband, Ordinary Guy
    Host, RetroGaming Radio & Passenger Seat Radio - Editor, Review Lagoon
    Google+: Shane R. Monroe / RetroGaming Radio / Passenger Seat Radio / Green Robot Gamer / Directory Opus
    Twitter: Shane R. Monroe / RetroGaming Radio / Review Lagoon / Green Robot Gamer
    "Consider the improbable is possible"

Quote Originally Posted by sio View Post
    When you get back online I'll send you your Mii.
    I'll hold you to that.

I'm gonna need Jacko and Hitler too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane R. Monroe View Post
    Very strange but when I did this, my Wii points were there - untouched.
    I heard that.

I'm gonna really test the theory here because I've changed ISP and address too, so I'm hoping it's linked to my credit card.

I'm confident they will honour the purchases though.
    Last edited by miner2049er; 04-25-2007 at 12:58 AM.
    "I've write code" - Tally
    ".. there's a new game out that teaches kids how to kill prostitutes." - Shane's Mom
    "I would rather suck dick than eat a Krispy Kreme donut." - Flare

I'm thinking that your wii points are tied to your MAC address, NOT your Wii system code.
    Google+: Shane R. Monroe / RetroGaming Radio / Passenger Seat Radio / Green Robot Gamer / Directory Opus
    Twitter: Shane R. Monroe / RetroGaming Radio / Review Lagoon / Green Robot Gamer

I'm thinking that your wii points are tied to your MAC address, NOT your Wii system code.
    In that case mine will have changed.
    ".. there's a new game out that teaches kids how to kill prostitutes." - Shane's Mom

FXgamer Guest
    Hi I haven't tried formating my wii but after reading this thread I guess I'll never will.
    I also had some problems with my Wii console, but recently I found a great tech support site that had a great page for Wii problems. Maybe you can find some answers there.

Hope it helps

Thanks for the link!

Jamesabeth Guest
    First - Yes, you can redownload your games for the VC. Something really weird -- The Wii Shop channel recognized me, and had my credits still on hand. What does that tell you? That the Wii Shop doesn't use your system ID .. it MUST use your Mac Address Hackers, take note. Yes, you can back them up to an SD ... trust me .. it's FASTER to redownload them if they are big games.

Second - your SAVED GAME DATA ... oh yeah .. you can back that up to an SD card. UNLESS IT'S GODDAMN ELEBITS! F'ing Konami must've marked the file as uncopyable. So, I lost my Elebits save ... Sigh. When you copy the files back, they tell you that you have to play the game first before you can copy back. Weak.

First, is it possible that it just uses your serial number? When I had my console replaced they just swapped the shop channel account to my new console. It would be a little easier for them that way...

Second, if you have the disc of the game you wish to copy the save for in the drive (wait for the logo for the game to appear on the disc channel) then you can just copy without playing said game. Still tedious mind...
    Oh and the guys at Datel have managed to 'unhack' the Elebits save, check out their site(it was somewhere on there..)

I didn't format, but I had to get a new Wii, so who do I email to get my Wii Points and VC content restored?

I emailed a link on the Nintendo Europe site but got nothing back.

Anyone done this with any success?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was doing a search on Wiiconnect24 and came across this. I am hesitant to leave Wiiconnect24 on in standby because I'm paranoid that we'll lose power while it's downloading (we live on a crappy power grid and lose power a few times a year). I imagine the kind of loss could be the same as Shane saw when he removed the CMOS battery?

How to you transfer Miis to the Wiimotes?