I've decided to make a new thread with links to the popular homebrew here..
Legal Homebrew that is.. :-) (this is legal right?)
Before using any homebrew however, make you sure you flash it -> Shane's How To Flash DS
Beup.nds - An MSN client program!
Comic Book DS - Comic Book / Photo viewer
DS Organize - Best PDA program for the DS!
DS Linux - Linux using the text command prompt!
DS Live Weather - Access weather reports in your local area online!
^-DS Live Weather Forum Thread
NDSmail - Email client
Wifi Voice Chat
CoG - Colecovision emulator for GBA
ColecoDS - Coleco emulator for DS
FmsxDS - An MSX emulator - site in Japanese only..
Frodo DS - A C64 emu! A lot of work to be done still though..
nesDS - NES Emu, better than the Supercard one and has a unique rewind feature. Now supports Save states!
PicoDrive - Sega Genesis emu, very good compatibility!
Scumm VM DS - Play your old LucasArts adventure games.. not quite stable yet on SD media..
Doom DS 1.0.0 - Play any version of the MSDOS classic Doom! Even play Multiplayer using PC and DS wifi!
**Doom DS 1.1.0** - Unofficial but upgraded version of DS Doom
Lemmings DS - A port of the much loved Lemmings!
REminiscenceDS - A port of Flashback!
TetattDS (Tetris Attack) - As mentioned on the show!
- You will need to have flashed your DS to run any of the homebrew here.. or use a Superkey.. but generally best, if you can, to have a flashed DS. If using a Superkey, be smart about where you download homebrew from (as in, download from trusted site) and careful not to run code that could brick the DS (flashing prevents this from happening).
- In running homebrew code, do not patch it from the Supercard program at all.. just copy and paste onto your media.
- Be aware of what hardware is needed for which version of the homebrew you are getting.. in most cases there are different versions of the program made for Compact Flash and SD (miniSD runs SD based) as well as some made for flashcarts.. make sure you download the correct type for what you have.
- It's a good idea to have a backup of everything on your computer hard drive. For example - ScummVM DS is not quite stable yet, thou playable, and it can sometimes cause corruption of data on SD cards (a way around this is through careful ini manipulation)
- Please follow the forum guide lines when talking homebrew.. Shane doesn't want talk about roms and such here..
Is that good Shane?