I decided to get the Vita and see what it like. I am going to tell you bad stuff first:
1) First of all do not get the 3g version until Sony get their head out of their ass. The Vita is locked to one carrier until Sony unlocks it through their firmware. If you imported the 3g version you got ripped off, the sim card is useless since it does not support data roaming. The 3g version is overpriced like their proprietary memory cards too. If you buy, stick to the wifi version unless the 3g version cost the same as wifi.
2) The system can freeze when shutting down. If your PS button turns blue means your blue screen of death. You have to hold the power button for a good 5min to fix it.
3) rear touch screen for games so far are not good. I played the demo little deviant could not get use to it. It is not very responsive and hard to control.
Ok now the good:
1) screen is sweet. Bigger screen than the psp. Higher resolution and sharper. Dual speakers. Sounds way better than psp
2) you can buy games on the psn and play them the vita. You can use your PS3 to download the vita game, plug the vita in ps3 USB can transfer vita games or use wifi to the PSN and install directly to the vita. No need to physically buy games it is following the PSP go concept. The good thing about psn is that you can download the demo and try them out before you buy.
3) the front touch screen is the main interface, its quite responsive same with the gyros. I play games like uncharted vista good response.
If you me to answer question about the Vita let me know.
I decided to buy a vita because the sales dude gave me a decent price and was willing to get rid of his stock.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus