Thread: Any new shows on the horizon?

Any new shows on the horizon?

Alex, Shane, Chris? Love the shows and would enjoy hearing a new one.

One question I have is it seems, in the case of Chris and Shane, that they have almost exclusively focused on Call of Duty/Black Ops. Do they feel like they are missing out or do they still play a fair amount of stuff out there? Is Call of Duty / Black Ops their #1 game of all time now based on the hours they've played? If so, why?
    Just curious.

Chooka
    Narrator: A shadow shall fall over the universe, and evil will grow in its path, and death will come from the skies.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States, 105540216147364, Phoenix, Arizona
    Thanks to the 10 minute nature of multiplayer, you can jump in, play and get out ... Perfect for me.

I still play other games.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Shane R. Monroe; Father, Husband, Ordinary Guy
    Host, RetroGaming Radio & Passenger Seat Radio - Editor, Review Lagoon
    Google+: Shane R. Monroe / RetroGaming Radio / Passenger Seat Radio / Green Robot Gamer / Directory Opus
    Twitter: Shane R. Monroe / RetroGaming Radio / Review Lagoon / Green Robot Gamer
    "Consider the improbable is possible"

Quote Originally Posted by chooka1 View Post
    AOne question I have is it seems, in the case of Chris and Shane, that they have almost exclusively focused on Call of Duty/Black Ops. Do they feel like they are missing out or do they still play a fair amount of stuff out there? Is Call of Duty / Black Ops their #1 game of all time now based on the hours they've played? If so, why?
    Just curious.

Chooka
    Just my 2cents. COD multiplayer is to me the ultimate "CASUAL" game. Wii games have got nothing on it for the fun factor per minute.. you pop in, play for 10 minutes and you're done. Quit anytime too.. it doesn't matter. Everyone talks about casual gaming and whatnot, and then talks about "hardcore" gaming with games like COD, but the truth is COD is casual gaming. It's like going out and shooting hoops for a little while.

For other types of gaming.. i.e. stuff you have to immerse yourself in I usually do that on the DS.

COD multiplayer is a Wii game too...
    ------------------------------------------
    Google+: alexjlopezWMR, Twitter: alexjlopezMW
    RetroGaming Radio, ReviewLagoon. MonroeWorld
    NNID: AlexJLopez, 3DS FC: 1719-3176-8970

I thought you guys said you would be done with Black Ops by now and back to playing COD MW2. What happened? Is Black Ops better than you initially thought?
    Eric Feliu

Traditionally that is what happens. However, the XP system and new methodologies for upgrading weapons and such has really engaged me ... The map pack just injected some new love for me too.

Google+: Shane R. Monroe / RetroGaming Radio / Passenger Seat Radio / Green Robot Gamer / Directory Opus
    Twitter: Shane R. Monroe / RetroGaming Radio / Review Lagoon / Green Robot Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Shane R. Monroe View Post
    Traditionally that is what happens. However, the XP system and new methodologies for upgrading weapons and such has really engaged me ... The map pack just injected some new love for me too.

Out of curiosity, do you find the gameplay just as good in Black Ops as you do in MW2? Do you think the maps are as good? Or is MW2 "better" but Black Ops offers a fresher perpsective?

Chooka
    Narrator: A shadow shall fall over the universe, and evil will grow in its path, and death will come from the skies.

MW2 has better maps - hands down. Treyarch maps have always been too "open ended" for me - meaning no matter where you are, there are 5 directions someone can kill you from. Some people might like that - but I don't. I like knowing there are some cubby holes or more fortuitous locations in a map that you have to compete for or take and hold during the battle.

I always feel vulnerable ANYWHERE on a Treyarch map - and I don't much care for it.

The gameplay is all the same - it's all down to tweaks. The loudness of footsteps, for instance. The power of the AK47 in one game vs the watered down mess it becomes in another game. It's still point and shoot - run or be killed - snipe or snipe the sniper.

The pushing of XP definitely adds s different flavor to Black Ops and Treyarch created something very cool with it. The way you unlock things, the way you buy your perks - for the most part - has been very cool. Could use some refinement - but for a first pass on a new idea - I'm fairly pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane R. Monroe View Post
    MW2 has better maps - hands down. Treyarch maps have always been too "open ended" for me - meaning no matter where you are, there are 5 directions someone can kill you from. Some people might like that - but I don't. I like knowing there are some cubby holes or more fortuitous locations in a map that you have to compete for or take and hold during the battle.

I always feel vulnerable ANYWHERE on a Treyarch map - and I don't much care for it.

The gameplay is all the same - it's all down to tweaks. The loudness of footsteps, for instance. The power of the AK47 in one game vs the watered down mess it becomes in another game. It's still point and shoot - run or be killed - snipe or snipe the sniper.

The pushing of XP definitely adds s different flavor to Black Ops and Treyarch created something very cool with it. The way you unlock things, the way you buy your perks - for the most part - has been very cool. Could use some refinement - but for a first pass on a new idea - I'm fairly pleased.
    Shane,

Appreciate the insight. As a casual player of the two games I don't pick up on the subleties of of the two games. I like them both.

Chooka