Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IGN's "true" TOP 100 games of all time

IGN's "true" TOP 100 games of all time

Hey, remember that disgusting Top 99 games of all time that Shane featured on the May 2005 show? Where the games where chosen by the gimmie kids? (MGS3, God of War, San Andreas where in the top 10!)

Well, I guess IGN was equally disgusted by the choices and decided to make a proper recognition of the true TOP 100 games of all time.

I agreed with most of their choices, although there were a couple here and there where I went WTF!?

http://top100.ign.com/2005/index.html

Yeah i saw that the other day at last an 'OK' list but there's still some which are head scratchers and still some games which i thought should have made it but at least this list didn't make get angry

Can you imagine if the reason the did it was because the readers list was so disgusting that would be too funny.
    "Wonderful innovative titles are 'sometimes' ignored [by consumers], while some repetitive titles with minor improvements in game play and graphics provide much better returns to the games publishers,"

Quote Originally Posted by B_Rik_Schitthaus
    Can you imagine if the reason the did it was because the readers list was so disgusting that would be too funny.
    It could have been... read some of the posts regarding the original gimmie list.

Ah it kept coming up accses denied for the readers 100 forum, but i was looking at the forum for the new 100 and some of the comments are verging on puke worthy

Quote Originally Posted by Some little Generation gimmie kid on IGN
    Halo is funner than mario. A 3d game should be number1 because they are funner and better,usually, there are some exceptions. Agree.
    "Wonderful innovative titles are 'sometimes' ignored [by consumers], while some repetitive titles with minor improvements in game play and graphics provide much better returns to the games publishers,"

HEH I thought you would be estatic by this 100 B_RIK because it's now offical...

Tecmo Super Bowl > Halo

LOL!

Seriously though that's a OK list but there are to many well how can I say it, mainstream and fairly new games out on the list. I mean Half Life one and two were in the top 30 but were was quake, doom or wolfstein? I mean half-life's eninge was based off from quake 2 and it's not even mentioned? Also god only knows why XS or the first UT were not nearer the top either...
    Account no longer in use!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny
    HEH I thought you would be estatic by this 100 B_RIK because it's now offical...

Tecmo Super Bowl > Halo

LOL!

Seriously though that's a OK list but there are to many well how can I say it, mainstream and fairly new games out on the list. I mean Half Life one and two were in the top 30 but were was quake, doom or wolfstein? I mean half-life's eninge was based off from quake 2 and it's not even mentioned? Also god only knows why XS or the first UT were not nearer the top either...
    They placed Tetris on the top 3, which is fair.

I just don't agree that the new Prince of Persia ranked higher (#62) than the original (#85)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny

Tecmo Super Bowl > Halo

LOL!
    hahahah yeah thats at least some consolation and river city ransom made the list as well.

What im really happy about is the adventure games not only on the list but doing quite well Grim fandango, Sam & Max and Day of the Tentacle in the top 61 where's broken sword though .

tee hee chrono trigger is at no.13 I bet shane is loving that.

Edit: I just noticed NHL 94 on the list so its not just me who thinks its a decent game , Nice to see Dune II as well.

well yeah I guessing these guys don't have very good memories or have not played video games for as long as we have. Not a single Midway game came in at the top 30, that suprised me. Same with tatio, was especting at least one of their games in the top half somewere.

Anyway why is god of war in the top 50, I'm sorry it's a blatant clone of devil may cry but with a few more bells on it...
    Account no longer in use!

Looking over the previous editor list i just noticed that Adveture and pitfall have been pushed out in this new list as have quite a few arcade games such as battlezone and Disc of tron, did these games suddenly become unworthy or somthing. I don't suppose they'll ever be a perfect list.

JamesJoell Guest
    Okay I disagreed with about 80% of them.
    Where were the text adventures?
    Also Final Fantasy VII should be rated better than Final Fantasy X and somewhere near the top 50. I agree with Burnout 3 as it was a ground breaking game by EA of all people well criterion studios more like. I dont agree with so much of that, where is Dig Dug and the laser disc games...sounds like the people at IGN know nothing and meerly put in the classic games to stop people from moaning at them. Where's the generation gimmie's top 100?