Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Modern Warfare 3 Coming to Wii2? (previously Modern Warfare 2 Coming To Wii?)

Call of Duty has been done to death; there's like 4 of them in the 'COD4 genre' you can play, and probably another one coming out this year. How many more of these do you need? It's like Guitar Hero.... when do you say enough is enough? At least RB3 had a keyboard controller and a real guitar

Quote Originally Posted by NE146 View Post
    Wait a minute now.. I being THE anti-FPS zealot for over a decade from 1996-2007 (I remember giving Womp a lot of hell for playing Return to Wolfenstein", I only caught FPS-Mania when Call of Duty 4 came out.

It's only been a few years since then so I still need 12 more years before I reach 16 years total.. gimme some more FPS'S!.
    Same here. I think I played like 5 FPS from 1999 to 2008.

I decided to check out the original Call of Duty on PC 2 years ago and enjoyed the hell out of it. Bought Call of Duty 2 - enjoyed it less. Bought Modern Warfare and the thing practically played itself. Borrowed Modern Warfare 2 - same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WorknMan View Post
    Call of Duty has been done to death; there's like 4 of them in the 'COD4 genre' you can play, and probably another one coming out this year. How many more of these do you need?
    Name one single one.. and I'll tell you right off the bat it doesn't play the same. It's kind of like someone saying R-Type, Gradius, and Scramble are all just "side scrolling shooters" and how many of them do we need? Or for that matter Xevious, 1942, and Super Star Soldier are just vertical shooters. When while it's true they are similar, of course there are huge gameplay differences. Although it probably wouldn't be obvious to someone who simply doesn't play them. Try downloading Quake Arena on Xbox Live and it's just ridiculous how different it is from a COD multiplayer game.. even if COD Multiplayer is obviously just a variation\iteration of the "FPS Team Deathmatch" genre.

It's like Guitar Hero.... when do you say enough is enough? At least RB3 had a keyboard controller and a real guitar
    Playing a VIDEO GAME like Guitar Hero/RB is one thing.. but putting in a real guitar is another and I think, totally misses the point of those video games. RB/GH need a video game controller (which may be in the shape of a guitar).. but not a real guitar. Just my opinion..

If the wii mote or wii mote like device works with this game and works well, the Im totally stoked about the game. I still think the wiimote is the best controller for FPS games just the games have been sub par.

I will be awesome to have all the features of an XBox360 FPS but have a gun in my hand to shoot my friends
    -----------------------------------
    Retrogaming in Asia;)
    http://www.geeksinkorea.com
    -----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by NE146 View Post
    Name one single one.. and I'll tell you right off the bat it doesn't play the same.
    Call of Duty 4
    Call of Duty World At War
    Modern Warfare 2
    Call of Duty Black Ops
    ... plus whatever they release this year.

So, how many more do you need? The difference between these and shooters like Rtype is that they're not releasing an Rtype-like shooter every other week, and selling 5 million copies.

Playing a VIDEO GAME like Guitar Hero/RB is one thing.. but putting in a real guitar is another and I think, totally misses the point of those video games. RB/GH need a video game controller (which may be in the shape of a guitar).. but not a real guitar. Just my opinion..
    Well, being a keyboard player myself, perhaps I'm biased I'm just saying that it's different from the 900 GH games they released, so it doesn't really count as 'just another plastic guitar game'.

I'm not a big FPS fan, but the answer to "how many more FPS's do you need?" is simple--about a half-dozen per year based simply on yearly releases of a major chapter in several ongoing franchises (Halo, Call of Duty, Metal of Honor, etc.) that all sell by the millions to tons of gamers who can't seem to get enough. As long as people keep buying them, why would they stop making them? Out of principle?
    ------------------------------------------
    Google+: alexjlopezWMR, Twitter: alexjlopezMW
    RetroGaming Radio, ReviewLagoon. MonroeWorld
    NNID: AlexJLopez, 3DS FC: 1719-3176-8970

Quote Originally Posted by alexjlopez View Post
    As long as people keep buying them, why would they stop making them? Out of principle?
    Of course, you're right. But that was my whole point about a couple of the Giantbomb crew saying they were getting tired of playing them, which gives me hope that others will too

It's what you call "tried and true". Our opinions aren't going the change the fact that the majority think FPSs are fun and (like checkers) will remain fun to them for the rest of their lives.

I think the term "FPS fan" has become about as irrelevant as "movie fan" or "book fan".

Of course, you're right. But that was my whole point about a couple of the Giantbomb crew saying they were getting tired of playing them, which gives me hope that others will too
    Well at this point it's kind of like saying "I hope people get tired of basketball", since it's done over and over again. And if you think about it, the principle is the same.. i.e. a competitive game within a set environment with some rules in it (which is easier said than done obviously). But still.. once you get a successful framework for people to COMPETE in, I think that's the difference. And really, I do think of Multiplayer COD4 FPS arena type games as "casual".. much the same way I'd think of shooting some hoops with my pals as casual. It's never really the same game twice.

But yeah like I said, I used to HATE FPS games for years and years.. go figure.

Well, being a keyboard player myself, perhaps I'm biased I'm just saying that it's different from the 900 GH games they released, so it doesn't really count as 'just another plastic guitar game'.
    Point taken.. but hey I pretty much know my way around keys & guitar as well, but maybe that's why I've always thought they were a different beast than playing the video games.
    Last edited by NE146; 05-10-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Call of Duty has been done to death; there's like 4 of them in the 'COD4 genre' you can play, and. probably another one coming out this year How many more of these do you need? It's like Guitar Hero.... when do you say enough is enough? At least RB3 had a keyboard controller and a real guitar
    Actually, I read something yesterday that said there wouldn't be a COD release this year. Can't remember the site.
    XBOX Live Gamertag: TekhMaster
    Currently Playing: PC - WOW; WII - Pinball-Hall of Fame; DS - Etrian Odyssey II, 360 - Bayonetta, Borderlands; PS3 - Uncharted 2