It's sole purpose - leech skins from NDSThemes, unzip, validate the XML, and ready the skin to be copied to your microSD card.
Currently, the core functionality works. You can download the skin, it will test it and rename it to the skin name in the xml.
There is VERY LITTLE in the way of error checking. This should be considered an alpha - however, I do not believe it will harm anything and should be safe to "play" with.
1) Run the app
2) The CycloDS skin page of NDS Themes will open.
3) Find a skin you like - click DOWNLOAD.
4) You will be asked to leave a comment, or sa NO, THANKS. Click No Thanks.
5) When you ACTUALLY get to the REAL download page, the DOWNLOAD button on the top of the app will light up. Click.
6) Enjoy as your skin is downloaded and preped for deployment.
7) Deploy with CEP or your favorite file manager.
Seems like a process you wouldn't NEED an app for - but believe me, this saves serious time - esp. if you do a lot and you use CEP for deployment.
Find the early alpha attached.
Some "pre-emptive strikes" before the public starts on me:
1) Mac/Linux version - dunno. Ask a Mac/Linux programmer
2) No, I'm not going to make it into a browser plugin.
3) Currently, the only site to leech skins from is NDS Themes. More later? Like the Skins area here? Probably.
4) Yes, I can further automate the process (i.e. pushing the NO THANKS button for you). That will come provided there is interest in it.
5) "Shopping Cart" - yes, that's planned. Collect all the skins in a "cart", download all at once. This MAY not be possible if the sitemaster over there has devious anti-linking technology (which he may).
6) Direct download to the microSD - yes, I'd like that - but everytime I make something that requires the microSD card to be plugged in, I get sh!t about it - so, this time - no immediate deployment.
7) Ad Blocking - I wanted to do this in a way that wouldn't **** off the NDS Themes people. Blocking their ads while my tool is busily leeching their skins - probably not a good idea. However, if your blocking tool uses the HOSTS file (or is integrated with IE on the system level), then the ads will be blocked in CycloSkintastic too.
8) Direct Skin Management. Not in this tool. CEP is for doing that. This is a leecher.
9) Implementation as PART of CEP - yeah, probably at some point. They will DEFINITELY be aware of each other - i.e. CS will read the ini file of CEP and get your deployment folder automatically and you may possibly be able to launch CEP from within CS and have it jump automatically to the deployment area.
10) Skin uploading to NDS Themes - no, that won't be added. You'll have to use their interface for that. Yeah, I could probably HACK that in, but the effort would be sickening.
11) Yes yes .. TONS of things don't work. You can't change the deploy directory, etc etc. This is an alpha
Note: If you got this from TC forums, this version is updated to work with the new changes at NDSThemes.