Thread: Connecting Wii to a Hotel TV

Connecting Wii to a Hotel TV

I've had a couple of business trips lately and they've left me longing for some Wii action. The TVs in the Marriott I'm staying with has A/V input that I can plug into, but I cannot find out how to access the input or AUX functionality. There are no buttons on the TV or remote that denote it, and the Wii doesn't seem to work on channel 3 or 4.

Anyone have this happen, and hopefully figured out a solution?

Hotels typically shut A/V input off - I can't say why that is.
    You could ask the hotel but they will "rent" you a TV that has the ability to use A/V inputs.

I'm wondering if you brought along one of those universal remotes -- found the right code, and changed inputs using the remote?

That's an idea...good one, I never thought of that.

BJ
    PSN: BJWanlund Steam: BJWanlund Game Center: BJWanlund
    "Here's to the crazy ones..." -- Steve Jobs

check the tv model and see if you can find an instruction manual online.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmt View Post
    You could ask the hotel but they will "rent" you a TV that has the ability to use A/V inputs.

I'm wondering if you brought along one of those universal remotes -- found the right code, and changed inputs using the remote?
    I tried getting a universal remote. There's a radio shack near here, and I only found one model that had an AUX button on it. The Zenith code works to change channels and such on the TV, but the AUX button doesn't do jack. Oh well, time to keep searching for an answer

You could carry around one of those portable DVD players. Some of them have composite inputs. Just be sure to get one with a fairly large screen.
    DSi (Black) + DS Lite (Crimson/Black) + PSP-1000 + Wii w/52'' Samsung LCD HDTV
    PC: E6600 @ 2.4GHz + Intel DP965LT + 4.5GB RAM + XFX 8800GT (OC'd) + 1.07TB Total storage + 21inch Widescreen + Microsoft Wireless 6000 desktop

Quote Originally Posted by davidmt View Post

They usually turn off that functionality so you can't hook up a DVD player to the TV's to watch DVDs. That way you'll have to buy their programs on their pay-per-view channel, which really sucks. I tried hooking my Wii to a super nice LCD TV at my hotel right after I bought it the opening weekend, but sadly it didn't work.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." -Albert Einstein
    Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. -Steve Jobs

Well, I guess the TV thing was never meant to be. My next step is to buy a card with A/V input for my laptop. I've seen that some TV Tuner cards have this functionality ...