This Sunday, June 27, Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor sees it's long awaited debut on retail shelves in the US. The sequel to the cult classic Sin and Punishment on N64, Star Successor continues the tradition of the original with fast-paced arcade shooter action accompanied by a fantastic pulse-pounding original soundtrack.
To get you prepared for launch, we've compiled everything you need to know about Sin & Punishment 2 in one central place. Nintendo fans love their Sunday morning 1st-party releases, and we'll help you get the most out of this one with our guide.
Sin and Punishment 2: Star Succesor at MonroeWorld's Nintendo Game Manager:
Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor "Official Discussion Thread" at the MonroeWorld forums:
Game Features and Information:
* Players can take to the skies with a jetpack or hovering skateboard-like device to dodge enemy attacks or get a better lock on their targets. Get an extra bonus for staying grounded while avoiding injury. Various stages require understanding intricate patterns as players’ characters side-scroll, race on vehicles or zip in every direction through a devastated post apocalyptic world. Players can fire at targets in the distance or for close-range targets use sword attacks.
* The precision pointing abilities of the Wii Remote™ controller make targeting enemies a snap. Players have the option of controlling their characters using the Wii Remote-Nunchuk combination, the Classic Controller, the Classic Controller Pro™, Nintendo Gamecube™ controller or the Wii Zapper™.
* Choose from two playable characters with unique combat abilities.
* It’s all about the score multiplier. The better a player’s skills, the more multiplier points are earned, and the higher the overall score. Players will want to play the game again and again to beat their personal best on each level.
* Created by TREASURE, the developers behind Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun and Gunstar Heroes, the game pushes the boundaries of the shooter genre with horders of enemies, massive bosses and explosive graphics.
* Endless waves of enemies got you down? A second player can join the fight to dish out twice the punishment.
* An online international leaderboard lets players see how their scores stack up against players from other countries. Players will play again and again, and try to unlock even more points by figuring out and performing coin and medal-achieving tricks, in order to get an international-caliber score.
More video from Nintendo of America's youtube site:
Launch Information and Deals:
- Buy One Get One 50% off on all Wii games 6/27 - 7/4.
Toys R Us
- Buy Sin & Punishment 2, get a $10 Gift Card 6/27 - 7/4.
- Sin & Punishment 2, $46.99 with free shipping, regular $49.99.
- Sin & Punishment 2, $39.99 (store or website), regular $49.99.